Course Appetizer, Side Dish, Vegetables Cuisine American, Italian Keyword dairy free risotto, fall recipes, under 30 minutes Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes ServingsCalories 253 kcal
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or sub with olive oil)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or vegetable stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree or squash puree
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Add the coconut oil to a large pot on medium hight heat and let it melt. Once melted add the chopped onion and cook for ~5 minutes, until it is transluscent
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir everything well to combine
- Reduce the heat and allow the ingredients to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot, until it has the consistency that you like
- Turn off the heat and place the lid on the pot. Let it stand for 5 minutes to allow the rice to soften even more
- Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure to use full fat coconut milk and not light coconut milk for this recipe
- If you don’t tolerate coconut I recommend using cashew milk instead
- This recipe makes great leftovers and stores well in the fridge
- Be sure to stir the risotto frequently when cooking so that you don’t toast the rice or burn the rice.
Nutrition Facts Vegan Pumpkin Risotto Amount Per Serving Calories 253 Calories from Fat 117% Daily Value*Fat 13g 20% Saturated Fat 11g 69% Sodium 513mg 22% Potassium 224mg 6% Carbohydrates 32g 11% Fiber 2g 8% Sugar 2g 2% Protein 4g 8% Vitamin A 1813IU 36% Vitamin C 3mg 4% Calcium 15mg 2% Iron 3mg 17%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.