Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread was specialty of Grandma Mills. It’s a delicious dessert bread that cooks up fluffy and moist in the pressure cooker.
Course: DessertCuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 55 minutesPressure Release: 10 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Servings: 8 servings Calories: 157kcal Author: Jill Selkowitz
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperature
- 3 medium Bananas mashed
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour properly measured
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Walnuts optional (or other nut)
Optional Add Ins
- 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Toffee Chips
- Add bananas to a small bowl and with a potato masher, mash bananas well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add butter, sugar and eggs.
- Beat at high speed until light and creamy, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, so that all sugar is mixed into the butter and eggs.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat at high speed to combine.
- Add all dry ingredients, except walnuts and beat using medium speed just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- With a spatula, gently fold in walnuts and/or chips, if using.
- Pour into greased/floured 8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Grease a 6 cup Bundt Pan. Line the bottom with a parchment round or paper, if you like.
- Pour in batter and smooth it out so batter is level.
- Add 1.5 cups of water into Pressure Cooker cooking pot. Place Trivet in Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Place cake pan on Trivet. Lightly cover the pan with a piece of paper towel and then a piece of foil.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 55-60 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release. Allow cake to cool in pan.
How to Serve Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread
- Hot coffee
- Hot Tea
- Hot Cocoa
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Toasted with a slather of butter
- Turn it into French Toast!
Nutrition FactsInstant Pot Banana Nut BreadAmount Per ServingCalories 157Calories from Fat 99% Daily Value*Fat 11g17%Saturated Fat 1g6%Cholesterol 52mg17%Sodium 371mg16%Potassium 242mg7%Carbohydrates 12g4%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 5g6%Protein 4g8%Vitamin A 105IU2%Vitamin C 4mg5%Calcium 24mg2%Iron 0.8mg4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.