- 3 cups oil for frying
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Step 1Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Step 2In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Mix in the corn kernels.
- Step 3Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 133 calories; protein 2.7g; carbohydrates 14g; fat 7.8g; cholesterol 17.5mg; sodium 224.5mg