- 15 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1 10 ounce package taco size flour tortillas (ten count)
- cooking oil
- optional dips: salsa sour cream, guacamole
- Place undrained black beans, cumin, garlic, salt and black pepper in a saucepan and cook over moderate heat until thick; mash into a paste and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, stir in the cotija cheese.
- Warm tortillas in a microwave until pliable.
- Place some filling on tortilla not too close to the edges and roll up, securing in an “x” with 2 toothpicks.
- Fry in shallow hot oil until browned, removing toothpicks after the tortilla browns and holds its shape.
- Serve hot with salsa or other dippers you like, such as guacamole or sour cream.